Friday, April 22, 2005

Searchin'...

"Vocations which we wanted to pursue, but didn't, bleed, like colors, on the whole of our existence. "
Author: Honore de Balzac

It's Friday!!!!!!!! Yes, I am like this every Friday. Yes, it's Steve the ultimate soul searcher. Seriously, I do more soul searching than Chuck Brown. There are other souls out there like me trying to find their way and looking for that glimmer of light that will lead them in the right direction. There is one thing that I understand about myself though; I want to create! I've always been an artist at heart. I mean everything from painting, playing an instrument, sculpting---you name it. Now, it's only fair to say that I have never been trained at either of those crafts; however, I am fair with a paint brush. As I grow older I realize more and more how important it is to pursue that which gives you most joy. "Material thangs that I thought had so much val-yah...ah girl I found they didn't really have any val-yah at all..." Sang Lionel! It's true though. Go for yours! Follow your dreams! Look inside your heart and you will find your true calling. Don't be slave to Louie V and Gucci. Don't be a slave to a house that you can't afford with an SUV in the driveway. Ok, that might be easier for me to say because I don't have any of those things, but you know I'm right. :) By the way, I'm not saying that it's not alright to have these things, but you should be able to live comfortably with them. Overall, be true to you and live your dreams. You might as well get what you want so go on and live. Have a great weekend! Peace~

No comments:

Black Men in Life Space: A Change for the Better

Photo Source: Showtime The late great Chicago soul singer, Sam Cooke sang and announced that "A Change is Gonna Come." On season f...